Ingredients and Method
This recipe was created especially for The Salt Box.
If you're trying to find that perfect 'healthy' snack, you can stop looking. We've found it!
Edamame beans are young soy beans still in the pod. Here they are simply seasoned and roasted in a hot oven.
Sriracha is a cult sauce among the cheffing community. It goes with anything. Now this cracking sauce has been infused into a sea salt. This salt rocks!
- Place the frozen soy beans in a bowl and cover with water to let them defrost for a while (approx 30 minutes).
- When they are soft, drain them and remove the little beans from the pods. Discard the pods and drain the edamame beans on a tea towel to dry them.
- In a large bowl, mix the beans well with the Sriracha salt, garlic powder and olive oil.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread an even layer of seasoned edamame on the tray. Roast at 190C for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. They will begin to turn golden brown.
- When well-coloured, remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
- Sprinkle with extra Sriracha salt.
These are utterly addictive... you have been warned.