Ingredients and Method
This delicious BBQ recipe was developed by our good friend @the_hungry_wolf_project and can be cooked in a Weber or a Smoker
- 2kg Rack of Beef Ribs
- Olive oil to coat ribs
- 2 teaspoon Vintage Merlot salt
- 4 tablespoons black pepper
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- Charcoal (snake method)
- Hickory chunks
- Aluminium tray
- Hot water
- Preheat the Weber/Smoker to 300F. In this recipe I set up the charcoal using the snake method with hickory wood chunks spaced out on top.
- In the center set up a aluminium tray with warm water prior to placing the grill up. Do not use cold water.
- If your beef ribs have hard fat still attached - remove, but leave the membrane underneath attached. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub olive oil over the ribs then sprinkle with Vintage Merlot Salt and ground pepper. Massage into the ribs to make sure all the ribs are coated evenly.
- Place the ribs into the smoker with the meat side up then after 2 hours use a spritz bottle filled with the vinegar/water mixture to moisten every hour.
- Cook until internal temp reads 210F (6 hours).
- Once at temperature, remove rack and wrap in foil to rest for an hour. If you have butchers paper wrap in this so the bark over the ribs will not soften.
- Slice ribs.