Ingredients and Method
A delicious vegan "omelette" that uses no eggs. Instead it features Indian Black salt, which has a distinct 'eggy' flavour due to its high sulfur content.
You can add anything you want, but here's a delicious take on an eggy vegan omelette.
- 150g silken tofu
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon The Salt Box No. 8 Indian Black Salt
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese, grated (optional)
- Sliced spring onion to serve
- Chuck the silken tofu, chickpea flour, Indian black salt, non-dairy milk and nutritional yeast to a blender of food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the olive oil to a large frypan over medium-high heat.
- Pour the batter into the frypan and spread out evenly with a spatula.
- Add the tomato and vegan cheese in a strip down the middle of the frypan and continue to cook until the edges of the omelette are crispy.
- Fold the omelette either side of the filling over the middle and gently slide onto a plate.
- Sprinkle with spring onion and serve.