Ingredients and Method
Nothing is quite as comforting as a hearty bowl of warm soup. This kale potato soup is absolutely delicious, only takes one pot to cook in, and is also vegan!
This recipe was created by the lovely I Spy Plum Pie and features our roasted garlic and smoked hickory salts. Enjoy!
- 1 small onion
- 2 large carrots
- 3 stalks celery
- Olive oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 2tbs tomato paste
- 2 litres vegetable stock
- 1kg potatoes
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 cans butter beans
- 2tbs balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Flat leaf parsley
- Finely dice the onion and dice the carrots and celery
- Heat some oil in a heavy bottomed, large saucepan and add the onion, carrot and celery with a pinch of salt. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Mince the garlic and add to the pan with the tomato paste and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil
- Dice the potato and add to the saucepan, stirring to combine ingredients then cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the potato is cooked through
- Remove the kale from the stems and tear into pieces. Add to the pan along with the drained butter beans and cook, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir through balsamic vinegar, then season with salt and pepper
- Roughly chop the parsley and sprinkle on top to serve