A naturally formed pure mineral compound, Epsom Salt (magnesium Sulphate), comes in crystal form. It is a compound of magnesium and sulphate. These two elements have natural healing properties and also help exfoliate and smooth the rough patches on the skin. That makes this compound a powerful beauty booster. There are different ways in which you can incorporate Epsom Salt into your beauty routine.
1. At-Home Spa treatment
- Refresh your skin before exposing it to the sunlight, also soften it afterward in an Epsom Salt bath. Epsom Salt is good for treating your feet too by adding to a foot spa.
- It's beneficial in winter to smooth dry lips and slough away any dry patches.
- You can use it by dissolving in a bath to replenish the magnesium levels in your body.
- You feel refreshed and de-stressed with a relaxing soak in Epsom Salt.
2. Exfoliating Properties
If you go to an upscale spa, you will find that they use Epsom Salt for its exfoliation properties. You can spoil yourself with this treatment at home, using Epsom Salt in the shower or bath to remove dead skin:
- Make a mixture of a tablespoon of bath or olive oil and a handful of Epsom Salt. Rub this all over your wet skin and then rinse thoroughly. It exfoliates and softens the skin.
- Mix half teaspoon of Epsom Salt with your cleansing cream to prepare an exfoliating face cleanser. Massage your skin with it and wash it with cold water.
3. Hair Volumiser
- Mixture equal parts of Epsom salt and warm conditioner
- Apply this mixture to your hair and allow it to work for 20 minutes.
- Wash your hair.
4. Use as a Facial Wash
- Massage your face skin with a mixture 1/2 teaspoon of Epsom salt and cleansing cream.
- After a cold water rinse, pat your skin dry. This has a deep-pore cleansing effect.
5. Natural Acne Remedy
Make a facial soak with Epsom salt.
- Prepare a solution with 2 cups of warm water and 2 to 3 teaspoons of Epsom Salt
- Soak a washcloth in it and cover your face (not eyes) with the warm washcloth. Allow it to cool.
- It is best to fold the washcloth and cover your face partially with it. Treat the other parts of your face in the same way.
- Wash your face thoroughly with warm water to remove all traces of Epsom Salt
6. Make Bath Salts the Easy Way
- To create a custom bath soak, add a few drops of a fragrance of your choice to two cups of Epsom salt. If you prefer, add 1/2 teaspoon of glycerine or a few drops of food colouring.
- Mix this thoroughly and then store it in an air-tight container.
7. Relaxation and Stress Reduction
- Mix two cups of Epsom salt in your bathwater.
- Soak in it for 12 minutes or more, thrice a week.
- Adding a few drops of eucalyptus oil lends a refreshing scent.
Some Other Uses Include:
- Dislodge stubborn blackheads: Mix 3 drops of iodine and 1 teaspoon Epsom salt into half a cup of boiling water. Soak a cotton ball in the mixture and apply it to the blackheads.
- Remove foot odours: Dissolve half a cup of Epsom salt in warm water. Soak your feet for 10 minutes. It helps to remove bad odour, softens rough skin, and reduces feet pain.
- Remove Hairspray: Add 1 cup Epsom salt and 1 cup of lemon juice to about 4 litres of water. Cover the mixture and allow it to sit for 24 hours. Apply the mixture to your dry hair and leave it for 20 minutes. Shampoo your hair.
Studies demonstrate that our skin absorbs sulphate and magnesium quickly. That is why Epsom salt baths are ideal for providing various health benefits. Magnesium reduces inflammation and helps in muscle and nerve function, prevents the hardening of arteries, and regulates the activity of over 325 enzymes. Sulphate helps to flush toxins and promotes the absorption of nutrients and helps ease migraine headaches.
It’s important to source genuine natural Epsom Salt if you want to benefit from its use. You will find pure the best quality Epsom Salt, Zechstein magnesium oil, natural salts, and other products on The Salt Box website.