Ingredients and Method
Salt is a subtle but important ingredient in sweet dishes. In many desserts and baked goodies it acts in contrast to the sweetness and brings out depth and brightness in fruits, chocolate and spices.
- 250 g semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 225 grams unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of raw sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 2 pkt caramel jerseys coated with Black salt
- 100% cocoa powder for dusting
• Preheat oven to 220"C .Grease the ramekins. Microwave the chocolate squares and butter for one minute in a large bowl. Whisk till the chocolate and butter is well combined. Add the sugar and mix it in well. Whisk in the eggs.
• Stir in the flour. Mix well but don't over mix it. pour them into the greased ramekins or silicon mould.
• Gently push the salted caramel bits into the batter covering them.
• Bake between 10-14 minutes. The cake is ready when it has a domed appearance, the center is a little moist and the edges of the cake, dry and firm.
• Remove from the oven, insert a knife and go around the cake, invert onto serving plates, garnish wth salt and serve immediately.